How To Find Your Spark
You may be in a position where you know you are not happy in your current job, may want to leave, but have no idea on what you could do instead.
If you’ve ever said to anyone that you don’t have any hobbies or don’t know what else interests you, I’m sure there’s a career choice that will better suit your skills and personality than where you currently are.
I’ve created a list of ways that may help you find your spark:
Tips for finding your spark:
- Write down all your thoughts. (Maybe you haven’t noticed but it may be a common thought that always pops into your head)
- When you go into work and feel down, what is that thought that pops into your head – “Ugh I could be creating a novel right now” “I could be designing a logo for my friend” “I could be writing a new song” – whatever that is, write it down.
- Be curious and always ask. Find out how people do what they love and make a living. Can you adapt ideas other industries use and create something new? Think outside the box and be driven by your passion.
- Take Action – (responsibly) this I have to say a few times, I’m not telling you to quit your job and start drawing to make a living, but be smart about it. Create a plan and do the research. See how a few months go. Test the waters and find out how to improve. Eventually you will be generating enough income to live off your dreams.
- Be Grateful – You always have a choice, and be grateful for that. Be grateful for everything you have, it’ll make a big difference on your journey.
Along this journey you will definitely meet fear a few times, I’ve talked about a personal experience of entering the unknown (click to read).
Let me know if you find your spark by leaving a comment below, just remember when it get’s hard remember the reason you’re thinking of changing! Value your happiness and follow your gut!
Stay Inspired. Stay Laughing. Hy-Power!